Joined: 13 Jun 2005
Location: The Big Rock Candy Mountain, Scotland
I posted this on BH recently, originally I posted it on TDT.net. I originally found it while doing some research into the Bilderberg Group and David Icke. I've been using it ever since.
1. Dummy up. If it's not reported, if it's not news, it didn't happen.
2. Wax indignant. This is also known as the "How dare you?" gambit.
3. Characterize the charges as "rumors" or, better yet, "wild rumors." If, in spite of the news blackout, the public is still able to learn about the suspicious facts, it can only be through "rumors." (If they tend to believe the "rumors" it must be because they are simply "paranoid" or "hysterical.")
4. Knock down straw men. Deal only with the weakest aspects of the weakest charges. Even better, create your own straw men. Make up wild rumors (or plant false stories) and give them lead play when you appear to debunk all the charges, real and fanciful alike.
5. Call the skeptics names like "conspiracy theorist," "nutcase," "ranter," "kook," "crackpot," and, of course, "rumor monger." Be sure, too, to use heavily loaded verbs and adjectives when characterizing their charges and defending the "more reasonable" government and its defenders. You must then carefully avoid fair and open debate with any of the people you have thus maligned. For insurance, set up your own "skeptics" to shoot down.
6. Impugn motives. Attempt to marginalize the critics by suggesting strongly that they are not really interested in the truth but are simply pursuing a partisan political agenda or are out to make money (compared to over-compensated adherents to the government line who, presumably, are not).
7. Invoke authority. Here the controlled press and the sham opposition can be very useful.
8. Dismiss the charges as "old news."
9. Come half-clean. This is also known as "confession and avoidance" or "taking the limited hangout route." This way, you create the impression of candor and honesty while you admit only to relatively harmless, less-than-criminal "mistakes." This stratagem often requires the embrace of a fall-back position quite different from the one originally taken. With effective damage control, the fall-back position need only be peddled by stooge skeptics to carefully limited markets.
10. Characterize the crimes as impossibly complex and the truth as ultimately unknowable.
11. Reason backward, using the deductive method with a vengeance. With thoroughly rigorous deduction, troublesome evidence is irrelevant. E.g. We have a completely free press. If evidence exists that the Vince Foster "suicide" note was forged, they would have reported it. They haven't reported it so there is no such evidence. Another variation on this theme involves the likelihood of a conspiracy leaker and a press who would report the leak.
12. Require the skeptics to solve the crime completely. E.g. If Foster was murdered, who did it and why?
13. Change the subject. This technique includes creating and/or publicizing distractions.
14. Lightly report incriminating facts, and then make nothing of them. This is sometimes referred to as "bump and run" reporting.
15. Baldly and brazenly lie. A favorite way of doing this is to attribute the "facts" furnished the public to a plausible-sounding, but anonymous, source.
16. Expanding further on numbers 4 and 5, have your own stooges "expose" scandals and champion popular causes. Their job is to pre-empt real opponents and to play 99-yard football. A variation is to pay rich people for the job who will pretend to spend their own money.
17. Flood the Internet with agents. This is the answer to the question, "What could possibly motivate a person to spend hour upon hour on Internet news groups defending the government and/or the press and harassing genuine critics?" Don t the authorities have defenders enough in all the newspapers, magazines, radio, and television? One would think refusing to print critical letters and screening out serious callers or dumping them from radio talk shows would be control enough, but, obviously, it is not.
Joined: 04 Jun 2005
Location: Brawl Hall
Whats a TDT ??
A TDT is an agitator of epic proportion.
Having TDT arrive in your forum with BH'ers is like watching a squadron of Islamic jihad terrorists drive in your village from one direction, and a similar unit of NATO troops cruise in from the opposite end, and you really dont give a toss about either of them, except for the collateral damage they will certainly inflict.
I heartily suggest you ban him forever. Tis better to have only one viper at your bosom at any one time.
TDT, or Turdston as he is most commonly known, is a spineless, perfidious and insidious insurgent, who's only mission in life is to try and win at least ONE point against BH.
He will stoop to any level, including chicanery, lies and deceit to create disunity and disharmony, and then blame it on BH.
Thus far, his tactics have been a dismal failure. But he hopes that one day his subterfuge will pass unnoticed in a forum occupied by complete fools.
Think virus, parasite, interloper or all of the above, and you have TDT. _________________ Psychopathy is grossly misunderstood
Joined: 01 Jan 2005
Leopardsocks, Grim is not, though I am a banana bender. (Slang for Queenslander)
Jack¬Spot¬TDT The warrior that appears to be of varied types (not a constant hybrid) is refered to as an Enigma. It's listed in the sticky Suggestions List. _________________ The important thing is knowing who owns the fence
Joined: 01 Jan 2005
<sarcasm>Good Mechanics are barstards aren't they. Not only do they know how to get the best out a car and know how to fix it, many of them know how one should drive a car, knows that maxium engine thrust is not always achived at full reves and gear changes are more effective at lower RPM. Won't find them installing a "wanker tip" to their exhaust system to make it sound "louder" or whatever.
They are barstards are they not. But many just prefer to watch others.
One of these days I hope to be one. </sarcasm>
Jack Spot wrote I'm a high level Shao-Lin Flamer with Jedi l33t skillz.
Well intelligent call on Lady Ice and the case of the missing IP. But I'm not altogether sure about the hacking of the PM.
If not the case, I think more a case of both Lady Ice's and ATVile's ISP blocked F.W. IP address block range briefly. It's also possible the F.W. server Sys op detected hacking and placed a block temperarily as well.
By definition, everyone has a type, you included Jack, unless you are indeed just imaginary. 3i + 5j heh heh _________________ The important thing is knowing who owns the fence
Joined: 31 Jan 2005
Location: Outer Space
grim squeeker wrote:
Think virus, parasite, interloper or all of the above, and you have TDT.
We get you BH'ers too if you use that terminology. Care to rephrase it?
Boy you sure do carry a grudge, banana bender.
Sorry, I live in NSW, as i have said before. And i do not hold a grudge, i was simply pointing out the obvious. Whatever else you see in there is what you yourself have manufactured inside your own mind.
Joined: 13 Jun 2005
Location: The Big Rock Candy Mountain, Scotland
I don't compete
You CAN'T compete with the Jack Spot concrete,
with deadly chat he's replete.
I don't view you as any threat, except to my bandwidth
Aaaah, there's many a brain donor who has resorted to comfort food after meeting me. Take it from me, put the mashed potatoes down and get out and join some clubs. _________________ URL signature removed due to lack of activity.
What do you call someone who can, at will, fulfill any of the "flame roles" you have pigeon-holed?
Since evidence of a new warrior class exists right here in this thread, I thought I'd save the trip to Suggestions and quickly mention it right here.
Bolder (or, Bolderbash): A minor variant of ALLCAPS. No need to detail it; just change the wording a little, replacing any mention of "capitalized words " with "boldized words." _________________ URL signature removed due to lack of activity.
Joined: 01 May 2005
Location: If; The middle word of Life
This is beautiful, TDT. It reminds me of Rush Limbaugh's tactics.
Reminds me of Al Franken's as well.
Fortunately, I'll never use Al or Michael Moore as a source. The only entertainment reference I'll use, and not as a reference in any discussion, is The Daily Show. Sadly they've proven invaluable in reporting some unreported stories. _________________ "Here I am. Trying to put sense to it and I know there isn't any."
Joined: 14 Jan 2005
Location: The Archive of Fortitude
Don't even fucking TRY to compete with me, I'm the silverback, and you, bitch, are Jane Goodall.
Now I'm a FlameGuru with a Phd in Pain, and as such the only prescription for you is a
Jane Goodall was the Doctor. Silverbacks don't go to college. By the way, when typing as fast and pompously as possible becomes good flaming, I'm sure you'll have your own cult. In the meantime, perhaps I could suggest a few nice My Little Pony or Pokemon forums to take your amateur act to? _________________
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum